Job Reference: 265711
As the UK's leading equipment rental company, with 190+ Service Centres nationwide and over 3,700 dedicated employees, it's fair to say we pride ourselves on providing excellent service to over 30,000 customers. We offer years of expertise, certified training, a range of added value services and most importantly, a total commitment to ensuring safety at all times.
If you want to work for a company who are fast becoming THE employer of choice in the rental industry and who can offer you great career progression, then apply NOW!!!
Please note applications via agencies will not be considered.
Are you an experienced Service Manager ready for your next career move to a Company that really values your contribution and can offer you award-winning training opportunities? People truly are at the heart of our business and we believe in empowering our colleagues to develop their skills, make decisions and take on new responsibilities.
You may have heard of A-Plant Hire but did you know that we are part of the FTSE 100 company Ashtead Group plc, the second largest equipment rental company in the world? We are continuing to experience an exciting period of company growth, so it is a great time to join our friendly team where you will play a key role in the Depot operations, helping to provide an outstanding level of customer service.
Roles and responsibilities
Driving the business forward to ensure targets and the highest possible standards of customer satisfaction are achieved. You will be responsible for:-
- Ensuring that the Service Centre is performing against all agreed targets/budgets and managing all costs
- Consistently motivating employees, as this has a direct impact on atmosphere and general feel good factor; to an affect that you get the best from the team
- Ensuring compliance with Company's contract administration procedures
- Creating management reports on a monthly basis, dealing with all aspects of P&L
- Liaising with the Sales team in order to develop new sales opportunities and grow the business.
- Consistently motivate employees, as this has a direct impact on atmosphere and general feel good factor, which enables the Service Centre to get the best from the team
- Ensuring that all aspects of work and process are carried out in-line with Health and Safety guidelines
- Ensuring that the quality of customer care/service and products provided reflect the highest levels of excellence
To be considered for this role, we're looking for someone who has the following attributes:
- Enthusiastic and motivated
- Previous experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a fast paced environment would be advantageous
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Computer literate, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Good understanding and experience of managing Health and Safety practices at work
- Ability to demonstrate commercial and financial acumen
- Ability to understand and work with P&L accounts and budgets
- Full clean driving licence
In return, we can offer a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, life assurance and inclusion into the Company pension scheme.
A-Plant are an accredited Living Wage Employer.